Hi, I’m Julia. Yoga lover, Mindfulness advocate and Ayurvedic convert.
I believe we can all do more to keep our bodies fit and well and that a simple, more intuitive approach to life can open the door to a healthier and happier life. Blending Yoga Therapy, Mindfulness and Ayurveda is a natural remedy to our increasingly hectic lives.
I’ve enjoyed yoga for over 30 years and eventually plucked up the courage to fulfil my ambition to qualify as a yoga teacher in 2011 with Yoga Alliance whilst working in corporate Marketing and Innovation. Later I qualified as a Yoga Therapist in 2015 with Yogacampus and I haven’t looked back.
Yoga therapy excites me because it combines my interest in yoga with my passion for science and medicine. Having studied Physiology and Biochemistry at university, I’m able to provide you with the benefit of my yoga experience and knowledge with the reassurance of a thorough scientific background.
I have tried meditation over many years but always found it difficult, until I discovered Mindfulness, where I realised that we can acknowledge our thoughts but don’t have to become caught up in them. I became a qualified Mindfulness Practitioner and now have set up MindfulnessUK@Work with two other directors to offer tools and techniques to help with stress and pressure in the corporate world.
After a period of illness, I decided to go to India for a yoga retreat and it is here that I discovered Ayurveda and the amazing benefits making changes to our diet and lifestyle and using herbs and massage can have. This prompted me to take a diploma in Ayurveda Lifestyle & Nutrition with the Ayurveda Institute UK and I now blend Yoga, Mindfulness and Ayurveda to help my clients improve their wellbeing.
My Qualifications & Memberships
- Listed on Yoga HUB, Yoga Finder, Find a Therapy and Local Yoga Classes
- Ayurveda Lifestyle & Nutrition Diploma in 2018 with the Ayurveda Institute UK
- Integrating Mindfulness & Compassion in Professional Practice in 2016 with Mindfulness UK. This is Foundation Degree Level and externally accredited by the Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body (CPCAB).
- Yoga Therapist in 2015 with Yogacampus
- Yoga Teacher in 2011 with Yoga Alliance
- CYS Yoga Teacher Training