What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness is a way of paying more attention to the present moment without judgement. Mindfulness can help us deal with stress and anxiety and appreciate life more and enables us to better understand ourselves and our reactions to different situations.
You can practice Mindfulness using a range of different techniques. As a qualified Mindfulness practitioner, I help you find the most suitable Mindfulness approach for your needs and lifestyle.
What does a typical Mindfulness session involve?
Mindfulness is about being compassionate towards yourself and avoiding judgement. My Mindfulness sessions respect this compassion and lack of judgement with a relaxed and informal atmosphere where you can feel fully at ease.
Your session will start with a chat about your concerns and an exploration of what has helped previously.
We then work through a range of mindfulness techniques to help you understand how they can help. These might include a body scan, a loving kindness meditation or mindful movement.
Interested in a Mindfulness session? Get in touch.
Mindfulness in the Workplace
We spend more of our time working than doing anything else and researchers have found that these hours are on average the least happy of our lives. Endemic stress in knowledge-based industries accounts for a large proportion of workplace absence and represents a huge loss of national productivity.
Build Mindfulness into your Workplace to help:
- reduce stress and anxiety for lower absenteeism
- create a happier workplace with better employee retention.
- improve your team’s resilience and ability to perform under pressure
- clearer thinking and communication
- improve prioritisation skills
- increase stability and resourcefulness during periods of change and upheaval
- increase employee confidence
How do Mindfulness in the Workplace sessions work?
- I have set up a new company, called MindfulnessUK@Work, with MindfulnessUK and two other directors. We work with corporate organisations to help them deal with stress and challenges at work. Click here For more information
- You can choose one-to-one sessions for individuals or group workshops
- We cover Mindfulness theory and then work on several practical exercises that can be used after the session
- Sessions run from 2 hours to all day and for best results we recommend an 8-week course, so that new behaviours become embedded in the Company culture
Want to know more about Mindfulness in the Workplace sessions? Get in touch.